I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Christmas like we did. It's been a tradition to take a photo of our Christmas lights outside every year. But when my husband reminded me of it tonight I was thinking of skipping it due to the new foot of snow we got that hasn't been cleared. I'm so glad I didn't because I got some really neat snowy photos and hopefully my camera (and fingers) will recover from the cold. I had to come in and download my camera to see what I got, and of course I had to mess with a few in Photoshop Elements. So here are the results!

I liked this one with the colored lights making a rainbow of colors underneath the snow on our spruce tree. I did a dry brush filter on it.

I didn't do anything to this photo. It's of a snowflake light decoration hanging on our house.

The railing up to our front porch has a garland and white lights on it. And now a foot of snow too! I did a soft white blending mode on a duplicate layer and I think a slight paint daubs filter.

Soft white and poster edges for our house light.

Didn't do anything to this one either. So glad it focused on the icicle for me.

Frosty fake poinsettias in the planter on the porch. Soft white and water paper filter.

This one I took Monday. They're not partridges, but they are blackbirds in our pear tree.
Soft white and poster edges (I think).
1 comment:
Love the pictures, they look great, my favorite is the last one of the blackbirds. That is way cool! I'm excited to try out some new recipes, thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment