February 18, 2008

Creative daughter



I know everyone says she's just like me, and she is, but times 10! I don't think I got that creative, that early in life. She's way ahead of me in a lot of things.
Take for instance, her book report. I don't remember what this style was called, but she was supposed to draw pictures on the 4 triangles, hook them together, and write the report on the flat part (see photo). That was too easy for my daughter. She had to make the pictures 3D. I didn't mind that, and I thought it was really cute, but she spent nearly 10 hours (maybe more) doing this and barely finished the project in time. She did her report on 'Book of a Thousand Days' by Shannon Hale.
It turned out awesome, but wow, that's a lot of time to spend on a book report. She was surprised that only 1 other classmate had anything 3D on their report - I wasn't. But, that's my daughter, she wouldn't have been happy with it any other way.

1 comment:

following her bliss said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! We'll be checking in often, and I'm SO glad you started posting.

Tell S job well done on her project...I showed the picture to Mags, and we are both very impressed. It will be fun to see what you post next!